Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by SoTi <st...@hszk.bme.hu> on 2006/10/09 21:28:32 UTC

can't add new document and authentication problem

Hi!

I've just installed Lenya 1.2.4 from sources with Jetty 4.2.23.  It built and it is running, but when I add new document at the default publication's tutorial, nothing happens. Exactly I will be redirected to the home of the default publication (.../default/authoring/index.html).
Additionally I have to authenticate myself almost everytime (and my sessionid changes too). Anybody met these kind of things before?

Tibor Somodi
BUTE

Re: can't add new document and authentication problem

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>.
SoTi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just installed Lenya 1.2.4 from sources with Jetty 4.2.23.  It
> built and it is running, but when I add new document at the default
> publication's tutorial, nothing happens. Exactly I will be redirected
> to the home of the default publication
> (.../default/authoring/index.html).

check the logs for error messages. maybe your lenya content directory is
not writable for the lenya servlet container?

> Additionally I have to
> authenticate myself almost everytime (and my sessionid changes too).
> Anybody met these kind of things before?

looks like something's wrong with your session.
afaik, your session id is stored in a cookie, and if the browser does
not accept cookies, it's appended to the URI.
i could imagine you might get the problems you describe if your browser
claims to accept cookies but then throws them away. but that's just a
shot in the dark.

--
"It's sad to behold how lately the wonderful English language has,
in the hands of corporate executives and marketing experts, re-

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft