Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dean Hiller <de...@alvazan.com> on 2010/05/19 19:03:08 UTC

Re: move folder from res to res${BUILD_NUMBER} easy Filtering problem...

ok, so tried out my solution and the copy is working ;) but it is not
filtering our the res folder in the war file plugin for some reason.  How do
I fix this xml so it filters out res folder...

                            <execution>
                                <phase>test</phase>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>run</goal>
                                </goals>
                                <configuration>
                                    <tasks>
                                        <echo message="Running jboss ant
tasks"/>
                                        <mkdir
dir="${project.build.directory}/${project.name
}-${project.version}/res-${BUILD_NUMBER}"/>
                                        <copy
todir="${project.build.directory}/${project.name
}-${project.version}/res-${BUILD_NUMBER}">
                                            <fileset
dir="src/main/webapp/res">
                                                  <include name="**"/>
                                            </fileset>
                                        </copy>
                                        <copy
file="src/main/descriptors/jboss/WEB-INF/components.xml"

tofile="${project.build.directory}/${project.name}-${project.version}/WEB-INF/components.xml"
/>
                                    </tasks>
                                </configuration>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>
                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.0</version>
                        <configuration>
                          <webResources>
                            <resource>
                              <!-- this is relative to the pom.xml directory
-->
                              <directory>src/main/webapp</directory>
                              <!-- the list has a default value of ** -->
                              <excludes>
                                <exclude>res**</exclude>
                              </excludes>
                            </resource>
                          </webResources>

                            <archive>
                                <manifestEntries>

<Svn-Revision>${SVN_REVISION}</Svn-Revision>
                                    <Build-Tag>${BUILD_TAG}</Build-Tag>

<Build-Number>${BUILD_NUMBER}</Build-Number>
                                    <Build-Id>${BUILD_ID}</Build-Id>
                                </manifestEntries>
                            </archive>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>

Posted by Dean Hiller <de...@alvazan.com>.
I am missing just one more thing.  The doc here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_filter_resource_files

is about slipping in property files oddly enough not about filtering out
files(I just want to exclude one folder during the build).  I see the

<filters>
   <filter>some properties file for slipping in params</filter>
</filters>

How do I add my exclusion of my res folder?

I tried copying the example you gave into the build element and adding
excludes as well...

               <resources>
                     <resource>
                           <directory>src/main/webapp</directory>