Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/11 19:49:03 UTC

[Compress] what Java version is targetted? Pom does not specify

The Compress pom.xml does not specify what Java version is being targetted.

Perhaps someone could add the source/target properties?

Re: [Compress] what Java version is targetted? Pom does not specify

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-02-12, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here it is:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-288
>
> applied, thanks.
>
>> You have to check the compiler-plugin for the information:
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compiler-source-and-target.html

I have modified this - commons already has the compiler plugin
configured in the commons-parent pom (which compress uses) and this
can simply be set by configuring the appropriate properties. Besides
reducing the amount of config required it also adds these properties
to the jar's manifest which makes it possible to find out what version
the component is targetted at.

I also upgraded to the latest version of the sandbox pom which has
other improvements (e.g. outputting appropriate OSGi info to the
manifest)

Niall

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> Perhaps someone could add the source/target properties?
>
> No idea how to do that and the POM reference didn't tell me either.
> Please forgive the mvn neophyte.

Here it is:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-288

You have to check the compiler-plugin for the information:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compiler-source-and-target.html

Cheers,
Christian

Re: [Compress] what Java version is targetted? Pom does not specify

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-02-11, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Compress pom.xml does not specify what Java version is being
> targetted.

Last week it was 1.4