Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Marc Liotier <ji...@liotier.org> on 2007/11/22 10:50:50 UTC

Anyone using URIDNSBL for weeding out referrer spam ?

I am looking for a way to weed out referrer spam from Apache logs and Awstats
data files. I have seen some tools, but they rely on static blacklist -
often very small ones, rarely maintained. It just occurs to me that this is
a perfect job for something like Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL so
that blacklist maintainance can be mutualized over an even larger pool of
users.

Has anyone tried using Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL to check for
referrer spam ? Even a simple script capable of making an URIDNSBL query for
an arbitrary URL would be a good step forward in order to integrate the
functionality into some script.

-----
--
http://serendipity.ruwenzori.net/ Jean-Marc Liotier

Re: Anyone using URIDNSBL for weeding out referrer spam ?

Posted by Jean-Marc Liotier <ji...@liotier.org>.

Jeff Chan wrote:

> You may find some programs useful for scanning for blacklisted URIs at:
> http://www.surbl.org/links.html

Thank you for the pointer. I have downloaded, compiled and tested surblhost
- and it looks very handy for integrating into a shell script.
http://surblhost.sourceforge.net/

Now I'll adapt an existing script or adapt one to do the actual weeding
out...

-----

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
Quoting Jean-Marc Liotier <ji...@liotier.org>:

> I am looking for a way to weed out referrer spam from Apache logs and Awstats
> data files. I have seen some tools, but they rely on static blacklist -
> often very small ones, rarely maintained. It just occurs to me that this is
> a perfect job for something like Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL so
> that blacklist maintainance can be mutualized over an even larger pool of
> users.
>
> Has anyone tried using Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL to check for
> referrer spam ? Even a simple script capable of making an URIDNSBL query for
> an arbitrary URL would be a good step forward in order to integrate the
> functionality into some script.

You may find some programs useful for scanning for blacklisted URIs at:

  http://www.surbl.org/links.html

Jeff C.