Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by me_zeta <me...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/12 09:48:06 UTC

Java script not executing

hi all,

 I am using jmeter to test performance of my application. I request a jsp
page. in that page there is a script function which does a submit of the
form and goes to another page. But this javascript submit is not happening
while trying to test through jmeter. I am using 2.2 version.
please help

zeta

Re: Java script not executing

Posted by chanda <kc...@yahoo.com>.
thanks for the immediate response however
I did not understand what you ment by your answer to the question of mine.
When I am executing the Jmeter th data I passed is not getting insrted into
the database is what is my problem.

Re: Java script not executing

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.
Was this resurrecting an old thread or what?

See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/ and read the section titled "JMeter is
not a browser".

You must NOT think in terms of what you are doing in the browser (user
interaction), but what the browser is sending / receiving at the HTTP
protocol layer (server interaction) once a request is sent to the server via
HTTP GET or POST commands.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM, chanda <kc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am also facing the same issue, I have generated the script for an ASP.Net
> application with viewstate and eventValidation, when I run the test once
> the
> data is not getting saved in the database.

Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com
See my LinkedIn profile at:
I ♥ DropBox <http://db.tt/9O6LfBX> !!

Re: Java script not executing

Posted by chanda <kc...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/06, Richard Gaywood <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/12/06, me_zeta <me...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am using jmeter to test performance of my application. I request a jsp
> > page. in that page there is a script function which does a submit of the
> > form and goes to another page. But this javascript submit is not happening
> > while trying to test through jmeter. I am using 2.2 version.
> > please help
>

> JMeter does not attempt to do anything with the results of the HTTP sampler,
> including parsing returned HTML or XML, or executing returned javascript.

It can scan HTML for embedded resources such as images.

> Unless someone more knowledgeable than me is about to correct me, the best
> way to handle this is with some logic in the JMeter test plan that emulates
> the javascript functionality. For example, you may be able to run a couple
> of RegExp Extractors over the HTML page and construct a URL to POST to based
> on the values extracted.

Or use the JMeter proxy to record the test plan. This will only work
if the URL does not vary. If it does vary, then do as Richard says.

Re: Java script not executing

Posted by Richard Gaywood <ri...@gmail.com>.