Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "john.yang.cats" <jo...@usdoj.gov> on 2017/03/09 20:22:30 UTC

Ajax Event on Selecting File

I've been dealing with FileUploadField where I could select a file and let
the jquery populate the list of selected file names on the screen.  Now, I'd
like to try having a Wicket TextField next to each file name so that the
document name can be entered, validated, and saved in the database.  Can I
catch some Ajax Event upon selecting a file, so that the Wicket TextField
can be populated?  For example, if I select 3 files, I'd like to have 3
TextFields populated.

Re: Ajax Event on Selecting File

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'd suggest you to use some JS plugin that specializes in this area, e.g.
http://plugins.krajee.com/file-input.
See http://plugins.krajee.com/file-input#events for all hooks that it
provides.

Wicket-Bootstrap (https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap) provides