Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 07:30:46 UTC

how to disable refresh button and back button

hi all
                    can any one explain me how to disable both back button
and  refresh button
thanks
jalaludeen

RE: how to disable refresh button and back button

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
I think I know what the guy is after and it's not browser dependant or
impossible, but it's not pretty :).

Basically what you have to do is have a one time ID that changes during each
request and then verify that the requests one time ID is correct. So the
flow looks like this;

1) Create new One Time ID (I'll call it otid)
2) Store otid in the users session
3) Append otid as a parameter to the links to the actions you wish to
protect.

(user then clicks on link).

4) Verify otid from url parameter equals otid from session.
5) Go to step 1

This means that if the user clicks refresh or back they will request the
action with an old one time id and thus the system can generate an error at
step 4.

As I said, it's not pretty.

Al.

Posted by Adam Ruggles <a....@gmail.com>.
I don't believe you can.

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
>                     can any one explain me how to disable both back button
> and  refresh button

This is browser-dependent and does not relate to Struts.