Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/06/27 16:16:53 UTC

current-testers, stable-testers

At this point both current and stable testers lists contain
too little traffic to make them worthwhile to moderate both.

I propose;

  * accepts posts from @apache accounts only

  * munge reply-to to dev@httpd where their results may be
    reacted to promptly.  Even if they aren't dev@ subscribers,
    frequent reporters would be modded 'allow-from' and future
    moderation wouldn't be required.

  * initially merge/sort both stable and current testers subscript
    lists, pre-announce the change and announce it again after.

  * in the announce, remind folks this list is for pre-release
    candidate testing, and those that wish to stay abreast of only
    official releases should seek announce@httpd.  Post a second
    reminder to announce@httpd altering folks to testers@httpd
    (and that there is nothing to do if they already were subscribed
    to current or stable testers).

Thoughts?

Bill

Re: current-testers, stable-testers

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Ping.

We either fix this, or I'm resigning from moderating these lists
come Wednesday (in which case we need some new current-testers and
stable-testers moderators to step up.)  Comment please or forever
hold your peace :)

Bill

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Jun 27, 2005, at 7:16 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Thoughts?

+1 on all items.

S.