Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Morris Mizrahi <mm...@zonelabs.com> on 2005/05/18 22:22:02 UTC

[users@httpd] problem using Apache 2.0 without Kerberos

Hey everyone.

I am using Apache httpd 2.0.54 with openssl 0.9.7g.

I am trying to configure and compile Apache 2.0 so that it works WITHOUT
the kerberos libraries (that are normally located at /usr/kerberos).

When I configure openssl I use the -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 option. I then
configure and compile Apache.

When I try and start Apache, httpd -k start, the error message I get is:

/usr/local/httpd-2.0.54/.libs/lt-httpd: error while

I know that libgssapi_krb5.so.2 normally resides at
/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2

Does anyone know what may be the problem with configuring and compiling
Apache to not use the kerberos libraries?

Thanks very much for any help.

Sincerely,
            Morris