Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> on 2018/11/27 01:55:31 UTC

[VOTE] Downselect (Re)Name Nominations

Hi All—

The volunteers who evaluate the the PODLINGNAMESEARCH entries have informed me that they do not want to evaluate 12 potential names for our podling. As such, I’m calling a VOTE to downselect our current list of 12 names to the TWO most preferred names.

PLEASE READ (VOTING PROCESS): To improve the chances that we are able to downselect in one pass, even if not everyone votes, everyone who participates will select their 3 favorite names. Again, everyone who votes lists their 3 favorite names. This improves the chances for overlap between voters.

There are 12 nominated names, SELECT 3 from the following list:

Apache Alembic
Apache Amble
Apache Delorean
Apache Drifter
Apache Flagon
Apache Folktale
Apache MANTIS
Apache Pub
Apache Revisit
Apache ToAST
Apache Transient
Apache Wanderlust

The same names can also be found on our dev list, here: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@senssoft.apache.org <ht...@senssoft.apache.org>. Be sure to make sure you respond to dev@senssoft.apache.org (dev@senssoft.incubatory.apache.org is not receiving emails).

The VOTE will last 96 hours (4 days). The VOTE will be tallied the night of FRIDAY, NOV 30.

Thanks!

-J

RE: [VOTE] Downselect (Re)Name Nominations

Posted by "Mariano, Laura J." <lm...@draper.com>.
My vote is

Apache Alembic +1
Apache Flagon +1
Apache Folktale +1

> I'm +1 on these three as well with ToAST being preference.
> Lewis
>
> On 2018/11/27 02:29:36, Stephen York <py...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My favorite are:
>> Apache Alembic
>> Apache Flagon
>> Apache ToAST
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 8:55 PM Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All—
>>>
>>> The volunteers who evaluate the the PODLINGNAMESEARCH entries have informed me that they do not want to evaluate 12 potential names for our podling. As such, I’m calling a VOTE to downselect our current list of 12 names to the TWO most preferred names.
>>>
>>> PLEASE READ (VOTING PROCESS): To improve the chances that we are able to downselect in one pass, even if not everyone votes, everyone who participates will select their 3 favorite names. Again, everyone who votes lists their 3 favorite names. This improves the chances for overlap between voters.
>>>
>>> There are 12 nominated names, SELECT 3 from the following list:
>>>
>>> Apache Alembic
>>> Apache Amble
>>> Apache Delorean
>>> Apache Drifter
>>> Apache Flagon
>>> Apache Folktale
>>> Apache MANTIS
>>> Apache Pub
>>> Apache Revisit
>>> Apache ToAST
>>> Apache Transient
>>> Apache Wanderlust
>>>
>>> The same names can also be found on our dev list, here: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@senssoft.apache.org <ht...@senssoft.apache.org>. Be sure to make sure you respond to dev@senssoft.apache.org (dev@senssoft.incubatory.apache.org is not receiving emails).
>>>
>>> The VOTE will last 96 hours (4 days). The VOTE will be tallied the night of FRIDAY, NOV 30.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -J
>>

>> --
>> "Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And
>> never put anything in an email."
>> -New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer

________________________________
 Notice: This email and any attachments may contain proprietary (Draper non-public) and/or export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all copies of this email.
________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Downselect (Re)Name Nominations

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@me.com.INVALID>.
My vote is

Posted by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen York <py...@gmail.com>.
My favorite are:

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
Looks like dev@senssoft.incubator.apache.org is receiving emails again. Just reply to thread with your votes.

Thanks!

Josh

REMINDER: [VOTE] Downselect (Re)Name Nominations

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
All,

Please don’t forget to VOTE to downselect new names! See Below:

[RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Downselect (Re)Name Nominations

Posted by Joshua Poore <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

The VOTE is complete. Results are tallied below:

Apache Alembic + 5 (Lewis (PPMC), Dave (PPMC), Josh, Laura, Steve)
Apache Amble
Apache Delorean
Apache Drifter
Apache Flagon + 5 (Lewis (PPMC), Dave (PPMC), Josh, Laura, Steve)
Apache Folktale + 2 (Josh, Laura)
Apache MANTIS
Apache Pub
Apache Revisit
Apache ToAST + 3 (Lewis (PPMC), Dave (PPMC), Steve)
Apache Transient
Apache Wanderlust

Apache Alembic and Apache Flagon are our two top nominations. These will go to PODLINGNAMESEARCH. If either Apache Alembic or Apache Flagon are not suitable names, then we will evaluate Apache ToAST and Apache Folktale, as back-ups.

Thanks again to all that submitted nominations, and thanks to all that voted in the downselect process.

Best,

Josh

Posted by Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 at 01:55, Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> The VOTE will last 96 hours (4 days). The VOTE will be tallied the night
> of FRIDAY, NOV 30.

Apache Flagon
Apache ToAST
Apache Alembic