Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Khushal Raut <kh...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/18 12:07:31 UTC

Regarding loss of data with the sudden power cut

Sir, this is Khushal Raut
I Have installed Apache open office suite on my PC, I have experienced many
times that there is a problem with the open office suite that while there
is a sudden power cut I have lost all my saved data.
I request you to kindly guide me to recover my lost data.

Re: Regarding loss of data with the sudden power cut

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 18/07/17 10:07 PM, Khushal Raut wrote:
> Sir, this is Khushal Raut
> I Have installed Apache open office suite on my PC, I have experienced many
> times that there is a problem with the open office suite that while there
> is a sudden power cut I have lost all my saved data.

If you have many times power cuts your better of to buy a UPS
(uninterruptible power supply)
OpenOffice needs time to save your data and to do that it needs power.
A few things you could do is make regular back ups of your files.
There are two settings in OpenOffice you should check:
Under Tools -> Options -> Load/Save check Always create backup copy and
Save AutoRecovery information every ## Minutes