Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Nikos <Ni...@eurodyn.com> on 2004/06/17 15:38:42 UTC

error in using

Hi,
I am developing some Web services using the
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache PERL module, which  at the end of the day
uses 'expat' (libexpat.so) to parse the XML of the SOAP messages.
Sometimes, I need to parse quite large messages (5-10 MB size) and the
expat library is very inefficient in memory management resulting in 'out
of memory' errors, so I decided to use Xerces-C++ and the DOM Parser of
the XML::Xerces PERL module.
So I overide the default Parser of the SOAP::Serializer of the SOAP
server (an instance of SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache) and try to use the
XML::Xerces::XercesDOMParser instead.
Unfortunately the decoding fails and the SOAP server returns the error
string

<faultstring>Application failed during request deserialization: Can't locate auto/XML/Xerces/XercesDOMParser/decode.al in @INC
</faultstring>

Now, I have compiled  Xerces-C++ as a shared library object
(libxerces-c.so); have set the XERCESCROOT, XERCES_INCLUDE, XERCES_LIB
environmental variables correctly; used on the Unix prompt successfully
the 'DOM2hash.pl' script to parse a 8MB XML document (the XML part of a
SOAP request actually) in about 3 seconds - the XERCES DOM parser is
very efficient and it deserves lots of congratulations.
All seem well in the environment.
Under my UNIX user's PERL lib, there is even the Xerces.so file
lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so
so why during deserialization would the Xerces.pm module look for the
static file ?

auto/XML/Xerces/XercesDOMParser/decode.al

Has anybody any advice/clues about what I am missing ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

--
Nikos Loutas

ps:The clever prophet makes sure of the event first