Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2015/01/09 22:06:25 UTC

Revision 1130415

I just noticed this truly awful bit of code:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-commits/201106.mbox/%3C20110602062204.1F22A238897F@eris.apache.org%3E

where conditions in the GlobalDecorator were replaced with

<if-empty field="parameters.ajaxUpdateEvent"/>

Why would you do that? Ajax is HTML-specific, so other representations
will not know about this parameter.

Overall, this commit is a complete mess. It would be best if we reverted it.

--
Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software

Re: Revision 1130415

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Adrian,

Theoretically I tend to agree with you, but what would be the other representations? Maybe in the future, but for 2 decades and at least the mid-term
future I don't see any real concurrents.
So why revert it, and now? Do you see big issues apart this one, you evoke a "complete mess"?

This said the same is used in ecommerce and there it's blocking all SEO possibilities on categories.
Only a problem for projects which use the OOTB ecommerce implementation which are certainly less and less, but still.

Jacques