Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Behrens <ja...@diekleinedomain.de> on 2003/04/02 21:28:17 UTC

Logging Question

Hello List,

I have just setup a new Tomcat on a remote-machine do deploy my webApp onto. I
am using 4.1.24 LE on a Debian Linux with JDK 1.4.1. As I am still in the
development-process I log alot of messages via System.err to the standard
error-log. This works fine on my Tomcat here at home (4.1.24 on Win2k) as the
server logs all those messages to TOMCAT_HOME\logs\stderr.log - unfortunately
I can't persuaded the remote Tomcat to do same, although both use exactly the
same server.xml and web.xml files.

Can anyone give me a tip as to what I am doing wrong please.

Regards

Jan