Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/12 01:45:04 UTC

LDAP integration, the users and groups are not populating in ranger admin tool

Hi

I am trying to integrate Ranger with LDAP. I made all the configuration and
connectivity is established wtih LDAP. I was going through the logs and I
can see syncing

12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder updateSink started
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
Performing Group search first
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
extendedAllGroupsSearchFilter =
(&(objectclass=organizationalUnit)(|(uSNChanged>=0)(modifyTimestamp>=19700101120000Z)))
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
cn empty for entry OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local, skipping sync
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
cn empty for entry OU=Service Accounts,OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local,
skipping sync
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
cn empty for entry OU=ENGINEERING,OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local,
skipping sync

But I don't see this data being populated on the user tab on the ranger
admin tool.  Is that I am missing something in the config ?

Thanks
Anand

Re: LDAP integration, the users and groups are not populating in ranger admin tool

Posted by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com>.
David

Finally I am able to resolve the problem using this link.
https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/105623/various-options-supported-in-ranger-usersync-with.html

Sailaja,
That was good document. It has well documented with various combination
scenario.

Thanks for your help guys.

Thanks
Anand

Posted by David Quiroga <qu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Quiroga <qu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com>.
Sallaja,

I was on vacation and hence there was delay in reply.  Here is answer to
your question.

1) I don't see any error in the usersync logs. The users and groups
information started syncing. But unable to see it on the UI.

02 Jan 2018 00:25:03  INFO UserGroupSync [UnixUserSyncThread] - Begin:
update user/group from source==>sink
02 Jan 2018 00:25:03  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder updateSink started
02 Jan 2018 00:25:03  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
Performing Group search first
02 Jan 2018 00:25:03  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] -
extendedAllGroupsSearchFilter =
(&(objectclass=organizationalUnit)(|(uSNChanged>=0)(modifyTimestamp>=19700101120000Z)))

2) We don't have http enabled

3) No error on the xa_portal.log

Thanks
Anand

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Sailaja Polavarapu <

From: Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2017 at 5:45 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org<ma...@ranger.apache.org>" <us...@ranger.apache.org>>

Hi
I am trying to integrate Ranger with LDAP. I made all the configuration and connectivity is established wtih LDAP. I was going through the logs and I can see syncing

12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder updateSink started
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - Performing Group search first
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - extendedAllGroupsSearchFilter = (&(objectclass=organizationalUnit)(|(uSNChanged>=0)(modifyTimestamp>=19700101120000Z)))
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - cn empty for entry OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local, skipping sync
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - cn empty for entry OU=Service Accounts,OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local, skipping sync
12 Dec 2017 00:19:50  INFO LdapDeltaUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - cn empty for entry OU=ENGINEERING,OU=GDUsers,DC=glassdoor,DC=local, skipping sync

Posted by Anandha L Ranganathan <an...@gmail.com>.