Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ramon F Herrera <ra...@patriot.net> on 2010/04/09 01:36:47 UTC

Are all/most Apache projects based on Java? Is there a C++ POI?

I just re-discovered POI after several years (to be honest, I had
given up on it) and it looks like you folks have been really busy.
Thanks for all your hard and productive work...

The progress POI has made is remarkable!

Anyway...

I have been researching a way to handle spreadsheets programmatically
in C++, but my search has been fruitless. All I found is "ExcelFormat"
which has many shortcomings. To begin with, it doesn't handle XML.

Questions:

Is there some POI or POI-like project based on C++?

Out of curiosity:
Are most/all Apache projects based on Java?

Notice that I am not complaining, I have developed in Java in the
past, love the language, and just have to un-rust my Java skills.

TIA,

-Ramon

Re: Are all/most Apache projects based on Java? Is there a C++ POI?

Posted by Richard Holmes <ri...@shedconsulting.co.uk>.
While I was looking for some Java coding to easily handle the transformation
of objects to EXCEL using XML I did come across some .net libraries that do
everything that you could possibly want to do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302084

It should be far easier to integrate with this than trying to integrate C++
with Java.  The library is very complete.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Posted by Mark Fortner <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.