Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 11:19:23 UTC

homogeneous dispersion in a bbox

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is some specific way, in Solr 3.6.1, to have
something like an homogeneous dispersion of documents in a bbox.

My use case is I a have a request returning let's say 1000 documents in a
bbox (they all have the same solr score), and I want only 50 documents, but
not all heaped (gathered) in a specific geographical location.

We were thinking of adding a random field in our index and do a sort on
that field, but I'm wondering if there is solr already has a solution for
that king of use case.

best regards,
Elisabeth