Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Abhishek Khurana <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/02 11:12:38 UTC

Query Regarding Number Of Retries In Apache Airflow

Hi,

I am using apache airflow and I have a query regarding the same.
I have specified the number of retries as 2 in DAG but I am confused by the
parameters shown in airflow console. These are as follows:

max_tries : 2
next_try_number : 4
try_number: 4

Can you please help me in understanding that if max_tries are 2 then what
does it mean by 4 as the value of next_try_number and try_number ?

Regards,
Abhishek Khurana

Re: Query Regarding Number Of Retries In Apache Airflow

Posted by Sreenath <sr...@gmail.com>.
I have seen two cases where the try_number can be greater than max_tries

1. Tasks inside A SubDag: If the SubDagOperator has a retry mentioned then
the tasks inside the SubDag will be tried for
number_of_retries_of_subdag * number_of_retries_of_task

2. Manual Retries: If you manually retry a task I think the try number will
be
greater than the max_retries.

--
Sreenath S Kamath