Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Leif Nygaard Eilertsen <tc...@stofanet.dk> on 2003/06/05 21:18:14 UTC

How to get involced in Jetspeed

Yesterday I wrote to Jason about getting involved in the development of
Jetspeed. But, he's no longer working on Jetspeed. So, here goes in the
public forum....

I have spent the last few days getting to know Jetspeed - since my boss
mumbled something about a Web Portal.

Parts of this process was very rewarding. Others were VERY frustrating. At
one point I had my right foot aimed at the dog (he's fast). I noticed that I
was rewriting, not overriding, a large number of the HTML in the Velocity
elements, just to get some compliance with the HTML 4.01 specification.

I would like very much to get involved in the development of Jetspeed,
perhaps in the area mentioned above. I thing I can contribute with years of
experience in that particular field.

But, I have to confess. I do not have a lot of experience with CVS. I have
used it a l o n g time ago, but during the last 6-7 years we have worked
with Rational ClearCase.

I have done some "work" allready: a localization of Jetspeed properties to
danish.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Leif Nygaard Eilertsen