Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by timothy wright <tj...@hotmail.com> on 2005/10/26 19:54:51 UTC

TFTP Bug # 32859

Hello,
  This is the first time I've done anything with open-source software.  I do
not know how to use cvs, so I could not make a patch.  There is a supplied
patch for a fix for the TFTPClient because it never sends the final packet.
The patch, however, does not fix the problem.  The lastAckWait will work,
except it never gets set to true.

this needs to be added...
sent = data;
if( bytesRead == -1 )
    lastAckWait = true;

How can I submit this using cvs and the patch?

Thanks for reading this.

Tim Wright

Re: TFTP Bug # 32859

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 10/26/05, timothy wright <tj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  This is the first time I've done anything with open-source software.  I do
> not know how to use cvs, so I could not make a patch.  There is a supplied
> patch for a fix for the TFTPClient because it never sends the final packet.
> The patch, however, does not fix the problem.  The lastAckWait will work,
> except it never gets set to true.
>
> this needs to be added...
> sent = data;
> if( bytesRead == -1 )
>    lastAckWait = true;
>
> How can I submit this using cvs and the patch?
<snip/>

Commons uses svn [1]. Download a client of your liking, and it should
be able to create a patch for you. Then you can file an issue in the
Apache Bugzilla, more towards the bottom of this note [2] -- though
the note talks about enhancement requests, most other things apply.

-Rahul

[1]  http://subversion.tigris.org/
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=113035143508114&w=2