Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ni...@indus.com on 2002/02/07 04:58:35 UTC

Trying to parse values using Digester for InitApplicationBeanServlet

Hi,
I am trying to write a servlet other than ActionServlet that will
initialize my application scope beans.

I intend to read a file name myconfig.xml (which is different from
struts-config.xml).

In the servlet, I instantiate a Digester and use the following:
               digester.register
          ("-//my company//DTD Business Object Configuration 1.0//EN",
               "/com/mycompany/bo/resources/myToolConfig.dtd");

I have the dtd existing in the /com/mycompany/bo/resources folder in
/WEB-INF/classes.

My doctype in the myConfig.xml is:
<!DOCTYPE boConfig PUBLIC
     "-//My Company//DTD Business Object Configuration 1.0//EN"
      "http://www.mycompany.com/bo/boconfig/myToolConfig.dtd">

(The URL specified is dummy and does not exist).

When I start the servlet engine, it resolves to the alternate resource.

On invoking Digester.parse(), I get a SAXException saying - "no protocol"
/com/mycompany/bo/resources/myToolConfig.dtd

Can somebody give me a clue as to where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Nitish