Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Thanh Do <th...@cs.wisc.edu> on 2010/04/02 03:24:18 UTC

Datanode debug logging mode

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to turn on DEBUG logging mode?
By default, the logging level is INFO, but I can't figure out what parameter
to tweak in the config file to get it done.

Thank so much?

--
thanh

Re: Datanode debug logging mode

Posted by Jitendra Nath Pandey <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Logging level can be set in $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties file.

Following has worked for me
   log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop=DEBUG

For the running daemons you can use command line to set and get log levels
without restart
  bin/hadoop daemonlog -getlevel <host:port> <name>
  bin/hadoop daemonlog ­setLevel <host:port> <name>  <level>