Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/27 05:50:17 UTC

[FlexJS] Changing "DataProviderChangeNotifier"

Hi All,

I was using lately "DataProviderChangeNotifier" bead in MDL Tabs and I would
like to change a bit this class.
Every time when my ArrayList has change "DataProviderChangeNotifier" emits
event "dataProviderChanged" - In my case Tabs are being removed and
recreated - I think it's to much in case when I only do - "add" or "remove"
from collection.

I was thinking about emiting "dataProviderChange" as it is now, but with new
custom event which will hold "CollectionEventKind.Remove",
"CollectionEventKind.Add" as it was in old Flex.

Or

Do not touch "DataProviderChangeNotifier" and create specific Bead for each
operation which extends "DataProviderChangeNotifier" like:
"DataProviderAddNotifier", "DataProviderRemoveNotifier"?

Thoughts ?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Changing "DataProviderChangeNotifier"

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
IMO, you could create a DPCNWithAddRemoveEvents and do what you propose.

Some apps are totally fine with a brute-force "re-do everything", some,
via PAYG, do need more information and are willing to do more work to
avoid re-doing everything.

Yes, there are flavors like DPCNWithAddEvents that don't look for
removals, but again, with DAYG, folks can create those as needed.

My 2 cents,
-Alex