Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/14 23:00:09 UTC

Solr 4 under Windows OK?

Hi,

Are there any known issues with Solr 4 under Windows?
Performance, bugs, stability, or anything else?

Thanks,
Otis
--
SOLR Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

Re: Solr 4 under Windows OK?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
I run under Windows 7 fine. I do run under Cygwin through. And, The Solr
Admin UI is completely unusable in Internet Explorer but works fine in
Google Chrome, except that query results via the Admin UI will not display
properly (the XML) in ANY browser (although some people claim it does work
for them.)

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Solr 4 under Windows OK?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, not at that stage yet. It works so much faster than the previous
(in-house) system that we haven't even bothered with full-tuning yet, never
mind comparative performance testing.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Re: Solr 4 under Windows OK?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jack and Alexandre.

Re: Solr 4 under Windows OK?