Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sean Bollin <se...@sean-bollin.com> on 2015/12/09 18:19:37 UTC

topology.testing.always.try.serialize storm

I've got a topology with one spout and one bolt.

We set topology.testing.always.try.serialize storm to TRUE

When running the topology locally, we see that our custom serializer
"write" method is called, but the "read" method is never called.

Can you help me understand what's going on here?  I thought it would
try to use the serializer when sending the tuples between the spout
and the bolt - thus requiring a read AND write.