Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/01/05 14:16:53 UTC

Include NOTICE file in binaries?

Hi,

a short question where i am not 100% sure

Do we have to include the NOTICe file in our binary release?

If yes, where do we want or have to include it? The easiest solution
would be besides the soffice executable, would that be ok?

Juergen

Re: Include NOTICE file in binaries?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
You probably already have this link, but just in case...

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Most questions about how to build and package a release can be found
in there or in linked documents. However, I freely admit that it's a
bit scattered (we welcome patches). I don't mean to put you off asking
for clarification ;-)

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Include NOTICE file in binaries?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
2012/1/5 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> a short question where i am not 100% sure
>
> Do we have to include the NOTICe file in our binary release?

This question came up back in November:

http://markmail.org/message/ps624fynpzjnr65u

I thought the idea was to include both NOTICE and LICENSE and link to
them from the Help/About box.  The about box would also claim the ASF
copyright and give notice of the trademarks.   Dennis had some
proposed wording in that thread.

> If yes, where do we want or have to include it? The easiest solution would
> be besides the soffice executable, would that be ok?

I think that is OK.