Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Mathias Schulze <MS...@web.de> on 2001/03/02 10:00:41 UTC

Exception on creating new Instance of TransformerFactory

Hello there,

I'm getting an error, like written above and I believe it may an admin. problem.
I'm new to Java and all the things (like classpath) it needs to work.
Infos: I'm using XalanJ2 Version 2.0.0, XercesJ 1.3.0, MSSQL-Server, IIS, W2K-Server
The Xalan.jar and xerces.jar are on classpath (.../java/Xalan/...)

My Applet is the Xalan Sample Applet (XSLTProcessorApplet.class).
What should it do:
	1. getting the URL of a StoredProcedure and the URL of a XSL File via LiveConnect.	it Works!
	2. read the XML-Data and XSL-Data in Variables.						it Works!
	3. transform the Data to HTML								at the 'm_tfactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();' there happens the error.(Netscapes JavaConsole calls it a NullPointerException)

Here's the errormessage:

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at XSLTProcessorApplet.start(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$StartAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

I'm not realy knowing what or why it happens.

Bye
Mathias
Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 18mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de