Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2002/10/04 18:14:56 UTC

Vale property stacks

Karen, Arved,

It is with great sadness that I announce the demise of my much-loved
property stacks.  Their functionality gradually dwindled away until all
they had left was the initial values of all of the properties and the
latest specified value.  Initial values can be maintained more cheaply
in an array, and as the node had to maintain the set of values specified
by its attributes anyway, in order to pop the stack, locating the
nearest specified value could be done at small extra expense by climbing
the FO tree.  Considering that the operation is likely to be infrequent,
the storage overhead was too great.  Requiescant in pace.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"