Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com> on 2010/03/06 04:39:12 UTC

[T5.2.0] two problems when extending Autocomplete

Hi,

I have found another problem when extending the Autocomplete Mixin which
has been introduced by recent changes on the 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT version.

- The @Override methods (eg. generateResponseMarkup(MarkupWriter writer,
List matches)) are no longer called on the extending class

On the dev list I have already raised the following:
- The mixin will try to load the autocomplete.js from the classpath
location of the extending class, in stead of the Autocomplete.class

I have submitted a bug in jira [1] for this. Please let me know if I am
mistaken and have previously used the mixin inappropriately.

Cheers,
Joost

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1047

Re: [T5.2.0] two problems when extending Autocomplete

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
I think that is a good idea, but it is not the problem I am faced with
here. I have no need to change the js file, it's just that tapestry now
tries to find the js file at the classpath of the extending class. On
the current snapshot I get a "Unable to locate asset
'classpath:com/joostschouten/common/http/tapestrybase/mixins/autocomplete.js'
(the file does not exist)." when I load a page with my
com.joostschouten.common.http.tapestrybase.mixins.ForceAutocomplete
mixin which extends the tapestry Autocomplete mixin.

This sounds, just like the @Override methods not being called, like a
bug to me. I can fix the loading of the autocomplete.js file with some
patching (not ideal), but the @override problem is a bit more complex.

I look forward to hear if this indeed is a bug or if I have failed to
understand how to extend the autocomplete mixin.

Cheers,
Joost

Posted by Robin Komiwes <od...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
My apologies, there was a problem in my code that for some reason only
started playing up after the latest commits. I mixed in both the
Autocomplete and my own ForceAutocomplete which extends Autocomplete.
This caused the problem and for some reason worked in the previous versions.

Thank you for you help,
Joost

PS: I am about to go live with yet another T5 app. Thank you to the
whole community!

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
<jo...@jsportal.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found another problem when extending the Autocomplete Mixin which has
> been introduced by recent changes on the 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT version.
>
> - The @Override methods (eg. generateResponseMarkup(MarkupWriter writer,
> List matches)) are no longer called on the extending class

I don't remember changing that.

> On the dev list I have already raised the following:
> - The mixin will try to load the autocomplete.js from the classpath location
> of the extending class, in stead of the Autocomplete.class

I think I know what's causing this, I need to capture the base
resource for Autocomplete at transformation time, rather than get the
base resource from the ComponentModel at runtime, since it sees the
subclass's model and base resource.

> I have submitted a bug in jira [1] for this. Please let me know if I am
> mistaken and have previously used the mixin inappropriately.
>
> Cheers,
> Joost
>
> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1047

Howard M. Lewis Ship