Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander <th...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 17:18:38 UTC

Code template converters?

Hello,

Eclipse, IDEA and NetBeans has code template engines but they can't use
template from other platform.  So question is: are there any code template
converters? I mean write some template and make maven convert them to other
platforms at package time.

Alexander

Re: Code template converters?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Alexander <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But seems like I have :)

People use things like Velocity and FreeMarker for this stuff.

Although personally I prefer StringTemplate
http://www.stringtemplate.org/ (its the work horse from ANTLR (a
language tool that provides a framework for constructing recognizers,
interpreters, compilers, and translators from grammatical descriptions
containing actions in a variety of target languages)
http://www.antlr.org/

Re: Code template converters?

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
But seems like I have :)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Alexander wrote:
> No, not style. Just code template. Look, in IDEA you type 'psvm' press tab
> and IDEA generates "public static void main(){}"
>
> 2009/12/22 Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>
>
>> Alexander wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Eclipse, IDEA and NetBeans has code template engines but they can't use
>>> template from other platform.  So question is: are there any code
>> template
>>> converters? I mean write some template and make maven convert them to
>> other
>>> platforms at package time.
>>>
>> Just to make sure, when you say "code template" do you mean "code style
>> configuration"?
>>
>> If so, then there are no such converters to my knowledge. I have that on
>> my todo list, but it's been sitting there a long time.
>>
>> Another thing one could try to do is transform to/from a Checkstyle
>> configuration file.
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Code template converters?

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Alexander wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Eclipse, IDEA and NetBeans has code template engines but they can't use
> > template from other platform.  So question is: are there any code
> template
> > converters? I mean write some template and make maven convert them to
> other
> > platforms at package time.
> >

> Just to make sure, when you say "code template" do you mean "code style
> configuration"?
>
> If so, then there are no such converters to my knowledge. I have that on
> my todo list, but it's been sitting there a long time.
>
> Another thing one could try to do is transform to/from a Checkstyle
> configuration file.

netbeans 6.8 should be able to do that already. It seems to perform
reasonably well for mojo.codehaus.org style formats.

Milos

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.