Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vladimir <el...@isc.tsu.ru> on 2004/03/28 18:41:40 UTC

commit failed if external apr used at freebsd.

Hello!
My project hosted at FreeBSD box with subversion repository.
Work goes fine(various clients from other freebsd, linux, windows boxes
successfully commits russian comments) until I tryed to commit from
subversion(FreeBSD+apache2+subversion) box. Error: Non-ascii characters in
log message...can convet from/to UTF-8. Locale setted up in proper way(as at
other freebsd boxes).

After some invistigations I got:
If subversion builded as client(with /ports/dev/apr by default), commit
in russian going in normal way.
But if subversion builded with -DWITH_APACHE2_APR, commit in russian from this
svn-client fails.

// From Cyberia with love :)
// Last night it was -35 :)
// Often sticked to #svn...

Re: commit failed if external apr used at freebsd.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Monday, March 29, 2004 1:41 AM +0700 Vladimir <el...@isc.tsu.ru> wrote:

> Hello!
> My project hosted at FreeBSD box with subversion repository.
> Work goes fine(various clients from other freebsd, linux, windows boxes
> successfully commits russian comments) until I tried to commit from
> subversion(FreeBSD+apache2+subversion) box. Error: Non-ascii characters in
> log message...can convet from/to UTF-8. Locale setted up in proper way(as
> at other freebsd boxes).
>
> After some invistigations I got:
> If subversion builded as client(with /ports/dev/apr by default), commit
> in russian going in normal way.
> But if subversion builded with -DWITH_APACHE2_APR, commit in russian from
> this  svn-client fails.

Sounds like the apr-iconv port isn't installed or detected for you
apache2-apr port.  You need to take this up with the apr port maintainer.
-- justin