Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aditya Vyas <ad...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 22:29:22 UTC

Want to contribute to Apache

Hello,
I am currently in my second year of college. I am pursuing B.tech in ICT at
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication
Technology,Gujarat,India. I am interested in participating in GSOC,2016 by
contributing to your organisation. I am interested in  BigData .However I
am new to the open source world. Moreover I know only Java and just a
little bit of Python(only the basic syntax). Can you please guide me as to
how should I start. Also i liked the Hadoop project in Apache but can you
tell as to which other projects should i choose.

Re: Want to contribute to Apache

Posted by Neelesh Salian <ns...@cloudera.com>.
Welcome to the community and glad to see the interest on the project.

Personally, I would recommend getting to know the project and see which
area you would prefer working on.
The documentation page will give you a good start to the architecture and
the examples of the projects within Hadoop;
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/
You can pick and choose whichever project you wish to begin, based on your
interest and liking.

To start being a part of the community, contribution via code, mailing
lists are always appreciated.
Here is a good guide: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

Good luck and awaiting to see your contributions to the community.
Regards,

--
Neelesh Srinivas Salian

Re: Want to contribute to Apache