Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by LiuYan 刘研 <lo...@21cn.com> on 2010/12/16 05:35:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: mod_cgi: multibyte characters in REQUEST_URI can't converted to correct PATH_INFO

J. Greenlees <lists <at> jaqui-greenlees.net> writes:

> Just a thought here,
> why not try removing environment complexity and use the windows versions
> of apache's httpd and perl instead of the cygwin based install?
> this makes 1 less set of environment variables that could be causing
> locale issues

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help <at> httpd.apache.org

Thank you for your response Greenlees!

The installation of httpd is official win32 release (httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-
no_ssl.msi), and I've also tried ActivePerl (ActivePerl-5.12.2.1202-MSWin32-x86-
293621.msi), and try the official printenv.pl http://localhost/cgi-
bin/printenv.pl/%D6%D0%CE%C4_%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87, but the result is PATH_INFO="/?
D??_??-???", as you can see, most characters are transformed to question mark,
it's a complete loss of encode conversion/transforming.

I googled and test lots these days (perl, python, bash script, and even wrote a
C program), but still got no solution.

Linux users may not encountered this issue, I really don't know why Apache
mod_cgi on Windows can't handle it well, how is it working? I mean WHEN will
the charset encode conversion is done? when Apache->mod_cgi, or in mod_cgi
itself, or when CGI program reading environment?