Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/01 20:28:27 UTC

Popups in Cocoon

Hi,

I am implementing enhancements to the existing Cocoon 2.0.4
project (sitemap actions, lots of xsl/xml, some Java).
When customer clicks on some link, it's supposed to display
a popup with data from several queries [no inserts/updates].

A few Cocoon newbie questions in that regard:
1) Is there any support for popups in Cocoon ?

2) How do you make sure that it can only displays 1 instance
of that popup ?

3) Is there a way to automatically close that popup
when user moved out from that page ?

4) How do you get data from (multiple) SQL queries in popup ?
(normally in that app the queries are in XML, usually 1 per
screen)

Any help is very appreciated.

TIA,
Oleg.

Re: Popups in Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Oleg Konovalov wrote:
> Upayavira,
>
> Let me get that straight:
> you are saying that all popups are a HTML/Javascript thing
> (so I should start and close them using Javascript),
> but for having multiple SQL queries, you suggest using
> aggregation (sitemap aggregation?) to use multiple
> SQL queries in one popup ?

Pretty much, yes. I've never really used SQL queries. I don't see why
you couldn't include more than one of them in one page though, without
using aggregation. But then one way or the other should work.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Popups in Cocoon

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Upayavira,

Let me get that straight:
you are saying that all popups are a HTML/Javascript thing
(so I should start and close them using Javascript),
but for having multiple SQL queries, you suggest using
aggregation (sitemap aggregation?) to use multiple
SQL queries in one popup ?

Thank you,
Oleg.

Re: Popups in Cocoon