Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Alexander Lamb <Al...@sim.hcuge.ch> on 2006/12/07 20:42:35 UTC

Problem with MacOSX Intel modeler

Hello List,

Maybe a very stupid question, but I am stuck.

I downloaded the lates version of Cayenne (2.0.1) with the MacOSX
CayenneModeler.

I simply copied the modeler in Applications.

When I start the app, the windows don't redraw correctly and most of
the content is gray. What is wrong?

I am on the latest Tiger version on a brand new MacBook Pro Core2Duo.

Do I need to install libraries somewhere first (I just want to model
a few things first).

Thanks for any hints!
--
Alexander Lamb
Service d'Informatique Médicale

Re: Problem with MacOSX Intel modeler

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

Could you open Console.app and look for error messages? The modeler
works fine for me on a iMac Core Duo and a MacPro.

  - Tore.

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.
Hello
You might try the old mac trick:
Disk Utility -> Select the os x hard drive -> repair disk permissions.
just in case that during migration from your old powerbook something
was not right

Marcin

On 08/12/2006, at 7:30 AM, Alexander Lamb wrote:

> Well, didn't do it. I removed .cayenne
> I also modified my .bashrc (I had some old JAVA_HOME CLASSPATH and
> CAYENNE_HOME in there).
> I removed everything which had something to do with Java)
>
> I have the feeling that somewhere I have something saying to go to
> Java 1.4 which I am starting with 1.5...
>
> I will try and look in my Library folder.
>
> At worse, I will create a new user and work from there. It is just
> that it would be nice to understand what is going on!
>
> Alex
> --
> Alexander Lamb
> Service d'Informatique Médicale
> Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
> Alexander.J.Lamb@sim.hcuge.ch
> +41 22 372 88 62
> +41 79 420 79 73
>

> On Dec 7, 2006, at 9:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> The defaults are kind of "cross-platform", so they are stored
>> under ~/.cayenne/prefs
>>
>> I suggest to nuke ~/.cayenne all together and start fresh.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Dec 7, 2006, at 10:41 PM, Alexander Lamb wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like we have the same version. The CLASSPATH should not be
>>> a problem (otherwise I couldn't even lauch the app).
>>> Are there defaults somewhere? (I reinstalled this mac but copied
>>> overs my user account which was on a PowerBook before that).
>>>
>>> OK!!! I tried as root and the modeler works. So, what are the
>>> defaults or preferences which may be set (in ~/Library maybe?)
>>>
>>> Alex
>>> --
>>> Alexander Lamb
>>> Service d'Informatique Médicale
>>> Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
>>> Alexander.J.Lamb@sim.hcuge.ch
>>> +41 22 372 88 62
>>> +41 79 420 79 73

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: Problem with MacOSX Intel modeler

Posted by Alexander Lamb <Al...@sim.hcuge.ch>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Alexander Lamb <Al...@sim.hcuge.ch>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Dec 7, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Works perfect on my Core Duo MacBook Pro.

Just recalled that a number of colleagues just bought new Macs within
the last couple of months (so that's Core 2 Duo??), and none of them
had this problem.

Andrus

Re: Problem with MacOSX Intel modeler

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Re: Problem with MacOSX Intel modeler

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I have a PowerPC-based Mac and the modeler works fine on it.  Java is
already supposed to be a Universal Binary.  I know Andrus picked up a
MacBook Pro a while back, so I'd think if there were an obvious
problem with the modeler on OS X/Intel, he'd have noticed.  I don't
have an Intel based unit available at the moment, so I can't test, but
can you check your CLASSPATH/etc and see if anything strange is in it?

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.

Posted by Alexander Lamb <Al...@sim.hcuge.ch>.

Posted by Alexander Lamb <Al...@sim.hcuge.ch>.
If this can help, here is the java version installed (I didn't change
anything):

ace/support/doc)-> java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-113)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-68, mixed mode, sharing)

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.
Hello