Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com> on 2005/04/07 20:13:30 UTC

OT: special characters in property files

I need to retrieve a value from a property file with a ‘$’ as part of the
data. How do I decorate this character so that the value will be loaded when
I call ResourceBundle.getString() ? I am not having much success googling
for it.

Thanks in advance.

Robert S. Harper

Senior Engineer

Re: OT: special characters in property files

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Am Donnerstag, 7. April 2005 20:13 schrieb Robert Harper:
> I need to retrieve a value from a property file with a ‘$’ as part of the
> data. How do I decorate this character so that the value will be loaded
> when I call ResourceBundle.getString() ? I am not having much success
> googling for it.

I seem to remember that you can use the Unicode-escape for the $-character in
the resource-file, i. e. \u0024.

Regards
mks