Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cedric Augustin <ca...@alcyonis.fr> on 2006/04/05 10:15:23 UTC

Page number and ref-id - FOPException : The id already exists

Hello,

We curently have a customized servlet to generate PDF for various projects
in production. This servlet is build on fop version 0.20.5. We do not plan
to switch to new version unless version 1.0.

Until now, I never had to create a document with a sumary including page
number. I just try and I get the following error :

[ERROR] org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: The id "ln2350" already exists in
this document

I check and found no duplicate id in the fo file. A search in the mailing
list archive gave me J.Pietschmann answer about this problem :

FOP 0.20.5 has a few bug which cause this error message even for perfectly
legal FO input.
- Do not reference IDs in static content.
- Do not reference IDs in table cells which are in rows with a keep-together
or keep-with-next property or which are followed by a row with a
keep-with-previous property.
- Be careful referencing IDs in content which may be rebalanced due to
footnotes or due to span="all" blocks in a multi-column layout.

My doc use two column layout with some page on one column, so I think I am
in trouble... :(

Is it any work around or patch to found a way to have the page number on the
sumary ?

Thanks by advance,
Cédric Augustin