Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by smitherz <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 16:05:43 UTC

maven-artifactNNNN.tmp in /tmp not cleaning

Hi all,

I think I have finally tracked down which part of our CI system is causing
an enormous number of files in the temp directory.
I am finding files named "maven-artifactNNNNN.tmp" in the /tmp directory of
the CI box. There gets to be so many that simple
"rm -f maven-artifact*.tmp" fails due to too many files in list matching the
pattern. I have to use a "find...-exec rm"  to get it
cleaned up. It looks like continuum is creating these files on build
completion for each project it builds. They appear to have a
hex checksum hash in them and they are about 32 or 40 bytes in size.

How can I get it to either stop or clean itself up when done? I am running
on a shared AIX system and this is causing
problems in the /tmp directory.

Scott

Re: maven-artifactNNNN.tmp in /tmp not cleaning

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
It's a duplicate issue.
To avoid this you have to clear "Deployment Repository Directory" in
the configuration.
It looks difficult to fix because the tmp file creation is in
maven-artifact lib not in continuum.

--
Olivier

Posted by smitherz <ri...@gmail.com>.