Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ZK <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/12 17:08:03 UTC

Is it possible to get assertion failure message and store it in a variable?

Hi,
Is it possible to get "assertion failure message" and store it in a variable
using beanshell?
I am getting nowhere with this, I have tried but can't get it to work

Is it possible using:
http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/assertions/AssertionResult.html
<http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/assertions/AssertionResult.html>

Does anyone know the correct syntax for getFailureMessage()   ?

TIA
ZK

Re: Is it possible to get assertion failure message and store it in a variable?

Posted by ZK <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey Deepak,

That works!!
Thank you very much!!

:)

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
on 2.9
Sampler
+Assertion
+BeanShell Listener

Code in the listener

import org.apache.jmeter.assertions.AssertionResult;
AssertionResult[] results = sampleResult.getAssertionResults() ;
for(int i =0,j=1 ; i<results.length;i++) {
    AssertionResult result = results[i];
                             if(result.isFailure()  || result.isError()) {
        vars.put("assertionResult_" + j, result.getFailureMessage());
        j++;
                             }
}

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Should be possible - but to confirm , you are trying to get this in a
listener?