Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org> on 2005/07/28 17:35:14 UTC

[m1] project.xml validation/schema issues

Using Maven 1.1b1's maven-pom-plugin, the pom:validate goal
produces error messages when executed on the project.xml file's contents
which are displayed as an example @

http://maven.apache.org/start/ten-minute-test.html.

Should this be reported in JIRA?

I've prepared a version that does pass pom:validate, so I can upload it
with the report if that would be useful.

On the project descriptor documentation page
(http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html) a
project.xml file appears. Apparently it matches the schema found at the
following URL:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-v3_0_0.xsd

which is the URL given for a schema for Maven 1.1.

As far as I can tell that is an incorrect statement, and the schema used
by Maven 1.1b1 is a different schema which appears at:

http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project-3.0.0.xsd

pom:validate operates successfully on project.xml files that validate
against the latter schema, which is also the XML schema that I used to
validate the replacement project.xml I mentioned above.

Should this documentation issue be reported in JIRA?

Thank you.

Re: [m1] project.xml validation/schema issues

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
>>Still, the content on
>>http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html doesn't pass
>>pom:validate, but that may be a reported bug.  I attempted to search
>>JIRA, but I was unable to formulate a query that restricted its results
>>to a small result set.
>

> :)
>
> Try "AND" in captials, that tends to help.
>
> Anyway, feel free to file it anyway, I don't recall it being there.
>
> - Brett

Brett,

Reported issue: MAVEN-1653

Thanks again

Re: [m1] project.xml validation/schema issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> Still, the content on
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html doesn't pass
> pom:validate, but that may be a reported bug.  I attempted to search
> JIRA, but I was unable to formulate a query that restricted its results
> to a small result set.

:)

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Actually the second one is the older version and should be removed...
>
> Are you sure you aren't running 1.1 with a MAVEN_HOME pointing at
> 1.0.2 which included the old schema?
>
> - Brett
>
> On 7/29/05, Andy Glick <an...@acm.org> wrote:
>
>>Using Maven 1.1b1's maven-pom-plugin, the pom:validate goal
>>produces error messages when executed on the project.xml file's contents
>>which are displayed as an example @
>>
>>http://maven.apache.org/start/ten-minute-test.html.
>>
>>Should this be reported in JIRA?
>>
>>I've prepared a version that does pass pom:validate, so I can upload it
>>with the report if that would be useful.
>>

>>On the project descriptor documentation page
>>(http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html) a
>>project.xml file appears. Apparently it matches the schema found at the
>>following URL:
>>
>>http://maven.apache.org/maven-v3_0_0.xsd
>>
>>which is the URL given for a schema for Maven 1.1.
>>
>>As far as I can tell that is an incorrect statement, and the schema used
>>by Maven 1.1b1 is a different schema which appears at:
>>
>>http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project-3.0.0.xsd
>>
>>pom:validate operates successfully on project.xml files that validate
>>against the latter schema, which is also the XML schema that I used to
>>validate the replacement project.xml I mentioned above.
>>
>>Should this documentation issue be reported in JIRA?
>>
>>Thank you.

Bret,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  You were close - I put the
old schema into the MAVEN_HOME of 1.1.  So I've fixed that.

Still, the content on
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html doesn't pass
pom:validate, but that may be a reported bug.  I attempted to search
JIRA, but I was unable to formulate a query that restricted its results
to a small result set.

Thanks for your help

Re: [m1] project.xml validation/schema issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.