Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by sneha <sn...@thoughtworks.com> on 2014/12/23 06:19:24 UTC

Error thrown while using SimpleAuthenticationPlugin in 5.8.0

We were on activeMQ version 5.5 where we were using SimpleAuthentication
plugin (specified as part of activemq.xml). While upgrading to 5.8 we
noticed that it starts failing with the following error :

   Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationPlugin]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activemq/jaas/GroupPrincipal

  We noticed that jaas folder and its classes (one of them being the
GroupPrincipalClass that is accessed by SimpleAuthenticationClass) was
removed as part of activemq-all-5.8.0.jar. We had to separately include
activemq-jaas-5.8.0.jar for SimpleAuthenticationPlugin to start working.

  Why has the jaas folder been removed? It does not specify anything about
it in the documentation.Is the fix we provided the correct one?