Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com> on 2018/06/18 19:30:29 UTC

Solr Odbc for Parallel Sql integration with Tableau

Hi Everyone

I am not sure if something has been done on this yet, though I did see a JIRA with links to the parallel sql documentation, but I do not think that answers the question.

I love the jdbc driver and it works well for many UIs but there are other systems that need an ODBC driver.

Can anyone share any guidance as to how this can be done or has been done by others.

Thanks
Aroop

Re: Solr Odbc for Parallel Sql integration with Tableau

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Asher:

Please follow the instructions here:
must use the _exact_ same e-mail as you used to subscribe.

If the initial try doesn't work and following the suggestions at the
"problems" link doesn't work for you, let us know. But note you need
to show us the _entire_ return header to allow anyone to diagnose the
problem.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Asher Shih <ca...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>.
Hi Joel

Yes I was able to make the ODBC bridge work very easily (using steps mentioned here https://github.com/risdenk/solrj-jdbc-testing/blob/master/odbc/README.md <https://github.com/risdenk/solrj-jdbc-testing/blob/master/odbc/README.md> ),

But the actual Tableau integration has not been fruitful yet due to 2 reasons:

1. Tableau inherently writes inner queries : select a as A, b as B from (select * from c)
     — this fails immediately, as parallel sql in my experience does not like inner queries.

2. The default Tableau view which is awesome to drag and drop the entire table does not work for parallel sql as we need to specify a “limit” otherwise it keeps giving the error about “score”. So I defaulted to the custom query option on Tableau but it failed for the inherent inner-queryness of Tableau as mentioned in 1. :)
 — I will keep at it tomorrow and maybe I will be able to figure a way out.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>.