Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Keene <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/08 08:56:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Stupid questions VS. Stupid answers...

Dear list-members,

I must say it is not a very mature thing to give stupid answers on stupid
questions. Why being rude and give answers in a contemptous way ? I guess
this is the typical mentality of &quot;hot shots&quot; in this world. Why
give someone a helpful hint without being rude ? I see this behavour growing
and being fed by peoples need of respect for all late hours learning the
secrets of fancy unix commands or in this case configuration directives of
apache. Please don't scare people of this list and try to be polite even to
people you think are newbies. If everything in manuals was totally clear
then would a lot of technicians be without work today.

So shame on you, who don't show respect!

/Jim, an old unix administrator from Hell.....

Re: [users@httpd] Stupid questions VS. Stupid answers...

Posted by Renato Salles <ma...@brturbo.com>.
Zac,
	I absolutely agree with your point of view. And, one think must be
noted also, from the newbieland: sometimes a stupid question is asked
with no perception at all of the sender. People are not only lazy, but
ignorant sometimes.

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
Hi Jim,

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com>.
I would like to add:
shame on those, who can't type the keywords of their problem in
www.google.com
but's that just me :s

/Koen, a windows net/sysop from ... um Belgium