Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Nayanish Hinge <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/27 12:49:35 UTC

Nutch Custom Url Partitioner to create equal division of seed across slave hosts

Hi,
I have asked this question in another forum already but did not get any
answer yet.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3575441/nutch-custom-url-partitioner

Could somebody shed some light?
---------

Hi, I am writing custom search task using nutch for intranet crawl. I am
using Hadoop for it. I want to spawn the task across multiple hadoop slaves
by dividing the seed urls evenly. I guess this job is taken care by the
partitioner.

I see the default implementation of Nutch UrlPartitioner partitions url by
Host, Domain or IP. I want to override that behavior and simply divide the
seeds equally based on number of maxthreads I pass on command line.

Could I do that with simple config changes other than re-writing the
Partioner?

*EDIT*
Custom search task is being written by re-writing Crawl.java

Nayanish