Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com> on 2007/07/16 17:16:24 UTC

Intra-EAR dependencies

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way in Geronimo 2.0 to define intra-EAR
dependencies.  Within my EAR, I define a JMS ActiveMQ resource adapter to
deploy my JMS queues and topics.  I also have an EJB JAR that is part of
the EAR which uses these queues and topics.

The problem I am experiencing is that, when deploying my application, it
seems that the GBean for my resource adapter is not running before the EJBs
are deployed.  The deployment of my application then fails.

11:00:34,650 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state:
abstractName="Mxi/Testing/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Testing/1/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=mxgeronimoejb.jar"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: GBean is not running:
Mxi/Testing/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Testingx/1/ear,JCAResource=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,ResourceAdapter=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,ResourceAdapterModule=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=TestingJMS

I realize that I can get around this problem if deploy my JMS resources
separately from my EAR, and then declare an explicit dependency on the JMS
RAR, but I was hoping that I would be able to package them within the same
EAR.

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *

Re: Intra-EAR dependencies

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
This is very surprising.  All the connector stuff is supposed to
start before any ejb or web stuff.  Maybe something got left out of
the openejb3 work that was in the openejb2 stuff....
Before digging deeper can you see if the app starts OK if you comment
out the ejbs or whatever is requiring the resource adapter?

Is this an MDB that receives messages from the queue/topic or a
regular ejb?

Either way... thanks for reporting this problem, and opening a jira
would be great.  If you have a test app to demonstrate the problem
that would be even better!

thanks
david jencks