Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Roland Cornelissen <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/19 15:13:04 UTC

Security vulnerabity?

Hi,

Could it be that the Jena library causes an XXE vulnerabilty? [1]
I am looking into this for a web application we are using and I'm not
sure on how to report/question such issues.

Thanks,
Roland

[1] https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XML_External_Entity_(XXE)_Processing

Re: Security vulnerabity?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Roland,

There is no requirement to use RDF/XML.

To avoid this XML-related vulnerability, don't accept arbitrary,
unctrolled RDF/XML but allow syntaxes such as Turtle or N-Triples, which
don't have this remote inclusion feature.

They are faster to process as well.

     Andy

Re: Security vulnerabity?