Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2013/09/14 15:57:08 UTC

plans to release rivet 2.1.3

As usual I'm asking on rivet-dev if anyone has something at stake that
might go into a new release of Rivet. There are quite a few things
listed in Changelog worth to go into a bug fix release. If the path is
clear I will call for a formal vote on private@tcl.apache.org (I'm
waiting for feedback from Brice on dio_Mysql.tcl)

A short summary of changes (after 2.1.2 release)

  - installation target 'make install' restored to its previous
functionality (hence the whole module and packages are installed)
by making it depend on the two targets install-binaries and
install-packages
  - Documentation for make install updated in the manual and INSTALL
  - New command variant 'parse -string'
  - C API to the parsed moved into the ::rivet namespace
  - Fixed some non fully qualified calls to rivet core commands
  - Rivet core commands are now in src/rivetcmds as their not expected
to significantly depend from Apache's API and from mod_rivet
  - ::rivet::parray is now escaping SGML characters
  - Detection of SELECT queries in ::DIO::Mysql improved (conditionally
to Brice's feedback)

  -- Massimo

Re: plans to release rivet 2.1.3

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Hi Jeff,

I've removed them: honestly it was a bit paranoid to log a message to
know whether the ::rivet namespace had been exported, but I couldn't
imagine a context where rivet/init.tcl could be useful outside mod_rivet.

 -- Massimo

--
-- Massimo Manghi

Dipartimento di Neuroscienze
Unità di Biofisica e Fisica Medica
via Volturno 39
43125 Parma

Re: plans to release rivet 2.1.3

Posted by Jeff Lawson <je...@bovine.net>.

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.
thanks Harald

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Dear Massimo,

thank you for the great action.
My "requests" are the maximum and there is no need to comply to them.

About the text: which exactly happens is: "fileevents do never fire".
The event loop works, as "after 10 {set a 1};vwait a"" works.

How to detect "atfork" ?
Here is what Jan did in tcl8.5.14:
http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/info/02909e227f

Thank you,