Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2015/11/16 10:34:06 UTC

November board report

I submitted the following report, let me know if you want me to make any changes.

  Whimsy is a site where a set of absolutely unnecessary yet often quite
  handy applications are deployed.

## Summary

After a few false starts the infrastructure for Whimsy is now mostly set-up.
Though SVN is still an issue - see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10399. This has resulted in a
proposal to use bidirectional flows to GitHub as the canonical repository. See
Discussion Item B.

## Issues:
See Discussion Item B

## Activity:
The project is still mostly the work of a single committer (thanks Sam),
though there is adequate oversight from the PMC.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 9 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was Sebastian Bazley on Sun Nov 16 2015

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 9 committers.
- Last addition: Sebastian Bazley on Sun Nov 16 2015

## Releases:

No formal release. Project is deployed internally to Apache hardware.

## Mailing list activity:

- dev@whimsical.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: November board report

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
I made substantial edits to the report based on feedback before and during the meeting.

Please let me know (before the next board meeting) if I’ve got anything wrong.

Thanks

Craig

> On Nov 16, 2015, at 1:34 AM, Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> I submitted the following report, let me know if you want me to make any changes.

>  Whimsy is a site where a set of absolutely unnecessary yet often quite
>  handy applications are deployed.
>
> ## Summary
>
> After a few false starts the infrastructure for Whimsy is now mostly set-up.
> Though SVN is still an issue - see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10399. This has resulted in a
> proposal to use bidirectional flows to GitHub as the canonical repository. See
> Discussion Item B.
>
> ## Issues:
> See Discussion Item B
>
> ## Activity:
> The project is still mostly the work of a single committer (thanks Sam),
> though there is adequate oversight from the PMC.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
> - Currently 9 PMC members.
> - Last PMC addition was Sebastian Bazley on Sun Nov 16 2015
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
> - Currently 9 committers.
> - Last addition: Sebastian Bazley on Sun Nov 16 2015
>
> ## Releases:
>
> No formal release. Project is deployed internally to Apache hardware.
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>
> - dev@whimsical.apache.org:
>   - 13 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months):
>   - 207 emails sent to list (27 in previous quarter)
>

> ## JIRA activity:
>
> - 28 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> - 10 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com