Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/12/02 16:47:07 UTC

Roles and Oversubscription

How do roles and oversubscription work together?  When you specify
resources that can be oversubscribed, do you say what role they work in? Is
"revocable" a role in and of itself?

I am trying to work through these various items in my path to learning more
about oversubscription.

Thanks!

John

RE: Roles and Oversubscription

Posted by "Plotka, Bartlomiej" <ba...@intel.com>.
Hi John,

… “revocable” is only an additional attribute in Mesos Resource. So you can specify the roles independently of revocable on/off.

For example you could specify some revocable resources in Fixed Resource Estimator for role “example”:
--resource_estimator="org_apache_mesos_FixedResourceEstimator"

--modules='{
  "libraries": {
    "file": "/usr/local/lib64/libfixed_resource_estimator.so",
    "modules": {
      "name": "org_apache_mesos_FixedResourceEstimator",
      "parameters": {
        "key": "resources",
        "value": "cpus(example):14"
      }
    }
  }
}'
As a result frameworks with this role can access these.

Feel free to ask if anything else need to be explained.

Kind Regards,
Bartek Plotka (bplotka)