Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/29 16:47:52 UTC

Re: Multi dc reaper

Is the multidc reaper for load balancing if one goes dpwn another node can
take care of shchedule repairs or we can actuly schedule repairs at dc
level woth seperate reaper instances.
I am planning to have 3 reaper instances in 3 dc .

Re: Multi dc reaper

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.
Hi Abdul,

the thing with multi DC Cassandra clusters is usually that JMX is not
accessible on the cross DC link, which means that one Reaper in a DC cannot
reach the nodes in remote DCs directly.
That's when you need to start Reaper instances in each DC which will sync
up through the Cassandra backend.
if you want one Reaper instance to control multiple DCs with closed JMX
ports, you'll need to set datacenterAvailability to LOCAL, but that will
disable so safety checks and is not recommended.
You can start multiple Reaper instances in the same DC if you want to
achieve HA.
I recommend to check this page to get all the informations about multi DC
setups with Reaper : http://cassandra-reaper.io/docs/usage/multi_dc/

Cheers,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 6:47 PM Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the multidc reaper for load balancing if one goes dpwn another node can
> take care of shchedule repairs or we can actuly schedule repairs at dc
> level woth seperate reaper instances.
> I am planning to have 3 reaper instances in 3 dc .
>

> On Friday, September 28, 2018, Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have 18 node 3 dc cluster, trying to use reaper multi dc concept using
>> datacenteravailabiloty =EACH
>> But is there differnt steps as i start the first instance and add cluster
>> it repairs for full clustrr rather than dc.
>> Am i missing any steps?
>> Also the contact points on this scebario should be only relevabt to that
>> dc?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlp-apache-cassandra-reaper-users/CAHEGkNMRpWnU7MvUsiN3xos1D6CqJXvUWxhX%3DS4ahZFQpfNGLQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlp-apache-cassandra-reaper-users/CAHEGkNMRpWnU7MvUsiN3xos1D6CqJXvUWxhX%3DS4ahZFQpfNGLQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .